Thursday, May 17, 2012

Live Life Healthy - Take Two

Around the end of February, I had started the live life healthy program which was intended to be a 90-day lose weight, eat well, live healthy initiative of mine to get in shape and ready for Act II. Needless to say, I gave up within 10 days. What bothered me was that I couldn't control my sleeping habits and woke up much later in the day. (My work starts at 11:00 am so I have the luxury to do so). However, the frustration got to me and well, the rest is history.

People who have known you since college meet you and say "What! you have become so fat!", "You have put on!". Honestly, buddy, I am going to scream if someone says that again. There is a certain relative who is definitely fatter than me but always makes sure that is her greeting sentence. Those who live in a glass house nowadays keep no mirrors for themselves! Yes, I get riled up by my old friends. I like new people who never knew how slim and trim I was and who think I am cute and chubby. New friends are platinum!

The above is the emotional and sensitive me and the sensible me knows that I do have to take care of myself, therefore, I am going to start my Live Life Healthy program again! Like whoever said it, "Try and try again until you succeed". My dad always used to quote this when I was young and struggling with studies.

In a previous post, I mentioned that I got a scale and I must say that the scale has motivated me over the past few days. I check my weight at least twice a day. In the morning and evening. I am going to note down my early morning weights each day and have a check-in weight day once a week, to see how much I have lost week-wise.

I don't have a set plan and really set plans don't work for me. I am going to eat, exercise and develop a routine. I know I will fall many times but I will get up again. Take 2,3,4 but just keep going. For take two I want to keep a mid target date 30th June, which is six weeks from now and I hope to lose six kilos. Let's see, a healthy weight loss of one kg a week with seven days of exercise and activity and eating normal healthy food.

I am going to keep Thursday as my check-in day and so today is Thursday and my weight this morning was 58.5 kg. By end of June, I hope to be 52.5 kg which would be awesome!! However, my ideal weight that I aspire to maintain is 48 kg. I hope to have a second version to go from 52.5 kg to 48 kg later. I was 48 kg in college :/.

So yeah, here I go, six weeks, six kilos.

No comments: