This weekend, after many weekends spent at home, bike riding or in office, I spent it with my family. On Saturday I had a birthday lunch at my cousin's followed by an afternoon spent with my best pal from college and his family and today I went around shopping for a Car, a weighing scale and a bag. How unrelated could these three be?
The car was on my agenda and so was buying something from Bangalore Central as I had the gift coupons from office. The scale was a long intended purchase that got purchased today in search of Bangalore Central. I saw 'Stay Fit' and decided, let me just buy it once and for all. It's like you have a tiny nagging voice telling you out of the blue at all odd hours "I have to buy a scale". Done voice, done.
As far as my car shopping goes, I miss the days when India had limited choices for car. Maruti or Ambassador and that was about it. Now there are just so many that I want to tear my hair! My driving skills - none. I do have a license as I took driving classes but I pretty much need to learn all over again. Ask any Indian, which is the entry car, and it's always Alto. Chide me, but I am following the herd. I have heard good reviews about it, my family is an Alto family and I am joining the gang. It's supposed to be a sturdy, good mileage old aunty car with low maintenance. I am choosing it because of price+mileage+reputation+resale value which is the best compared to all the other cars.
The hand bag is some monacco brand and I shelled out a few rupees on top of my gift coupons. It's leather and it looks good. It was not love at first sight but after comparing prices, it was pretty much the closest I was willing to purchase (the bags that you like will always be twice the amount!). It's a big bag - AGAIN - I know, what do I do? I love big bags.
All in all a fun weekend. Next weekend will be spent doing the paperwork. I am doing it, finally, after procrastinating for nearly two years over buying a car, I am just giving up to the nagging voice inside my head. I look forward to writing my adventures down as I start to learn how to drive a car.
The car was on my agenda and so was buying something from Bangalore Central as I had the gift coupons from office. The scale was a long intended purchase that got purchased today in search of Bangalore Central. I saw 'Stay Fit' and decided, let me just buy it once and for all. It's like you have a tiny nagging voice telling you out of the blue at all odd hours "I have to buy a scale". Done voice, done.
As far as my car shopping goes, I miss the days when India had limited choices for car. Maruti or Ambassador and that was about it. Now there are just so many that I want to tear my hair! My driving skills - none. I do have a license as I took driving classes but I pretty much need to learn all over again. Ask any Indian, which is the entry car, and it's always Alto. Chide me, but I am following the herd. I have heard good reviews about it, my family is an Alto family and I am joining the gang. It's supposed to be a sturdy, good mileage old aunty car with low maintenance. I am choosing it because of price+mileage+reputation+resale value which is the best compared to all the other cars.
The hand bag is some monacco brand and I shelled out a few rupees on top of my gift coupons. It's leather and it looks good. It was not love at first sight but after comparing prices, it was pretty much the closest I was willing to purchase (the bags that you like will always be twice the amount!). It's a big bag - AGAIN - I know, what do I do? I love big bags.
All in all a fun weekend. Next weekend will be spent doing the paperwork. I am doing it, finally, after procrastinating for nearly two years over buying a car, I am just giving up to the nagging voice inside my head. I look forward to writing my adventures down as I start to learn how to drive a car.
No comments:
Post a Comment