Recently, I discovered TED Talks. Well, by recently may be around 6 months back. A friend of mine shared a video on Facebook about how a little Kenya Masai boy found an innovative idea of keeping the lions away from his herd at night.
That video led to many others and I was like 'What the heck? Why didn't I know of TED before?' After that day, I would say not a day passes without watching a video or at least three in a week. I LOVE TED!! Absolutely adore whoever thought of the concept and the kind of speakers they find. Established, passionate, discovers, motivators, scientists, actors, activists.. you name it.
Through TED I also came to know about Maysoon Zayid. When her talk got featured, it came with the title 'I have 99 problems and palsy is just one'. It didn't interest me so I skipped and watched others. However it kept popping up whenever I would go into TED app or TV and I finally watched it. OMG! What a hilarious session. I loved Maysoon's spirit, her comic timing, the way she brought up key points in laughter and through her I discovered other comedians like Maz Jobrani.
I love Maz for he can speak in the accent and body language of his characters and his timing impeccable.
Both Maysoon and Maz make the the western world understand through humor what it is to live in an age where the media goes blaring 'Muslim is Terrorist'. I don't think it helps change the general perception out in the world but I do think that whoever, listens to their jokes, would next time not scream out of fright if they see a Muslim...hehe.
Not to get too serious (on the crazy hate out there), I must say that I do enjoy comedy a lot especially, stand up comedy by Maysoon and Maz and a few others that I have discovered. Through them I have realized that at times and most times, you need to laugh. You need to laugh out your situation. It has helped me while dealing with my team at work. I laugh at the policies, I laugh at the rules and when the team laughs with me, I know they don't mind following the rules and policies because they do it with a smile.
My Audacious thought: Do you think I can become a comic? I know I am a relatively okay story teller and many out there enjoy reading my stories, I also have a good script and acting ability but comedy? I do remember in one acting gig, I got the house roaring - not because I was funny or I had funny dialogues - but I portrayed a crazy selfish girl with some unreasonable demands. The best act of the class they said.
...May be I am a comedian.
That video led to many others and I was like 'What the heck? Why didn't I know of TED before?' After that day, I would say not a day passes without watching a video or at least three in a week. I LOVE TED!! Absolutely adore whoever thought of the concept and the kind of speakers they find. Established, passionate, discovers, motivators, scientists, actors, activists.. you name it.
Through TED I also came to know about Maysoon Zayid. When her talk got featured, it came with the title 'I have 99 problems and palsy is just one'. It didn't interest me so I skipped and watched others. However it kept popping up whenever I would go into TED app or TV and I finally watched it. OMG! What a hilarious session. I loved Maysoon's spirit, her comic timing, the way she brought up key points in laughter and through her I discovered other comedians like Maz Jobrani.
I love Maz for he can speak in the accent and body language of his characters and his timing impeccable.
Both Maysoon and Maz make the the western world understand through humor what it is to live in an age where the media goes blaring 'Muslim is Terrorist'. I don't think it helps change the general perception out in the world but I do think that whoever, listens to their jokes, would next time not scream out of fright if they see a Muslim...hehe.
Not to get too serious (on the crazy hate out there), I must say that I do enjoy comedy a lot especially, stand up comedy by Maysoon and Maz and a few others that I have discovered. Through them I have realized that at times and most times, you need to laugh. You need to laugh out your situation. It has helped me while dealing with my team at work. I laugh at the policies, I laugh at the rules and when the team laughs with me, I know they don't mind following the rules and policies because they do it with a smile.
My Audacious thought: Do you think I can become a comic? I know I am a relatively okay story teller and many out there enjoy reading my stories, I also have a good script and acting ability but comedy? I do remember in one acting gig, I got the house roaring - not because I was funny or I had funny dialogues - but I portrayed a crazy selfish girl with some unreasonable demands. The best act of the class they said.
...May be I am a comedian.
No comments:
Post a Comment