I got bugged watching promotions of Aamir khan's Ghajini that I went out and got the Tamil version (even though I do not speak or understand the language - but I do understand in context) I saw the Tamil movie and it was good. A nice fresh love story, very typically southern.
I saw the Hindi version (thanks to my husband) and what can I say - Copy cat. Everything is ditto the same apart from the songs and choice of wardrobe. I think Asin (The female protagonist) expressions are also xeroxed. She speaks good Hindi by the way. No accent and I saw a few of her interviews. I think she has good substance, talent and intelligence.
As for who is the Ultimate Sanjay... SURYA. You should watch the original hero. He pulls of perfectly the boyish tycoon and the crazed guy. Of course Aamir has also done a good job and those who have not seen the original Tamil film would have enjoyed every frame. I on the other hand liked the part where Aamir comes out of the lift and starts screaming at the hostel girls. LOL.. that was hilarious. Reminded me of my days at the hostel and imagine a Mad Man in your hostel!!
The winning scene is of course at the climax where he looses his memory and walks up behind the villain 'Ghajini' so innocently. Excellent!
Of course I still don't understand why the movie is named after a villain? I mean yeah, it's about taking revenge but there is so much in the movie which is essentially a love story and it is about that story - not about that one guy who gets killed at the end. Arre baba.. did Aamir sign a legal document to keep the same name kya that he couldn't find a suitable name for his movie?
Ghajini has crossed 200 crore mark. How much did the tamil version make? Agreed that the audience is far smaller but the Tamil Ghajini - Original and fresh - that beats any remake. It just goes to prove - Good script, Hindi and publicity will make you mega bucks!
I saw the Hindi version (thanks to my husband) and what can I say - Copy cat. Everything is ditto the same apart from the songs and choice of wardrobe. I think Asin (The female protagonist) expressions are also xeroxed. She speaks good Hindi by the way. No accent and I saw a few of her interviews. I think she has good substance, talent and intelligence.
As for who is the Ultimate Sanjay... SURYA. You should watch the original hero. He pulls of perfectly the boyish tycoon and the crazed guy. Of course Aamir has also done a good job and those who have not seen the original Tamil film would have enjoyed every frame. I on the other hand liked the part where Aamir comes out of the lift and starts screaming at the hostel girls. LOL.. that was hilarious. Reminded me of my days at the hostel and imagine a Mad Man in your hostel!!
The winning scene is of course at the climax where he looses his memory and walks up behind the villain 'Ghajini' so innocently. Excellent!
Of course I still don't understand why the movie is named after a villain? I mean yeah, it's about taking revenge but there is so much in the movie which is essentially a love story and it is about that story - not about that one guy who gets killed at the end. Arre baba.. did Aamir sign a legal document to keep the same name kya that he couldn't find a suitable name for his movie?
Ghajini has crossed 200 crore mark. How much did the tamil version make? Agreed that the audience is far smaller but the Tamil Ghajini - Original and fresh - that beats any remake. It just goes to prove - Good script, Hindi and publicity will make you mega bucks!
No comments:
Post a Comment